Two years have passed, the Lingotto. The time, from that day is not spent in vain. The people of the primaries has given birth to the Democratic Party, in Italy there is now a great force that combines the traditions and ideas of the reformers. The dream that some of us grew for years has come true.
But if I consider it appropriate at this time, I say what I think, is because I feel that our project, the project of the Democratic Party is being challenged. And 'because I feel that moving around it recalls ancient, because the tensions and increase return, because you get to say that perhaps we should drop the PD or reduce its ambitions by making it a fragment of a minority without a deployment plan for reform.
Let me be clear: I am and will remain out of a certain kind of political battle. One thing, however, she felt she had pointed out: all we need, except to return to a past that has little to say. The idea of \u200b\u200bthe Democratic Party, as evidenced by the European vote, is an avant-garde, and the idea of \u200b\u200bgoing back, openly or covertly, is a mistake. We need more reform, more modern, non-existent and the return to old certainties.
E 'in front of us that there are enormous possibilities, much larger than the overall picture and our current situation might suggest. A long season for the right wing and conservative, is closing. Also, if not more, in Italy, where many signs are showing that the "Berlusconi" has started its downward slide.
Alas, though, to think that this automatically mean, as inertia, successful reformers. There result that does not pass through the work, ideas, innovation, responsibility.
In this way the Democratic Party still has a very, very much. Not going back, but going forward. Avoid repeating mistakes and correcting a radical way of being and doing that just made us sick.
I think obviously the months following the parliamentary elections a year ago. A defeat is a defeat, and this has meant, for the challenge launched by the Government of PD, the outcome of that vote. But a defeat by a party, especially if it was born a few months and if it reaches 33% or more of the votes, can easily spread, to take root and to affirm their own ideas. Especially if we are to support the passion of millions of people who have just demonstrated, with an extraordinary campaign, to be there, want to participate, to believe it.
But this passion was disappointed, these people were confused. The Democratic Party, it soon became more engaged in underground and too often lacerating internal conflicts, more so in a perverse game of individual positions and power maneuvers, in which a strong and unified work together.
I these dynamics, perhaps to a certain strangeness to it, I was unable to prevent it as I wanted. And for not being able to ensure their end, I chose to resign, taking responsibility also not mine, as you do when you want it to politics as a service, with personal ambitions put strongly in second place compared to the common objectives.
For this reason, in the past months, I avoided every controversy, every recrimination, any attitude of distance, each interview malevolent. And I wanted to ensure Dario Franceschini, his intelligent effort, a sincere and loyal support.
For me it was and always will. It 's just for the Democratic Party, only for the good I want a project expected and wanted for years and now more than ever to be relaunched and strengthened, I asked a number of ideas of personality and sensitivity to meet in Rome on July 2, at Capranica.
will be as far removed, I say to the avoidance of doubt and in the name of an absolute loathing for the old and logical correntizie detrimental, the umpteenth meeting of a component that is seen to "weigh" in the internal life of a party. Who would expect this may not come that day.
now is something that is no longer just us. Relate to the country. Italy needs a reformist party that is the focus of a government that changes radically. A party able to speak a new language for content and inspiration, able to evoke, in an Italy paralyzed by fear, a sense of collective hope.
I am interested only and exclusively the project that I worked for my entire political life. I am interested in the PD, which affects the re-launch the role and ambitions, rekindling first, where it has faded, the passion of millions and millions of Italians who believed in it really, truly believe in the Democratic Party.
We need a party that come forward with a new generation of leaders, who feel pride in the identity that was contained in hundreds of thousands of flags of the Circus Maximus. A former left without anything, current and without personality, without crippling old daughters of a logical time passed. Simply and always exceeded.
will, in fact, two years after the Lingotto. It will be the way to say that the major objectives around which we had found then, "doing a new Italy", join the Italians, open a new period of government for the country, are the same as what we now expect the Democratic Party . We will all live up to.
Walter Veltroni
( Francesca Barracciu, Sergio Chiamparino, Paolo Gentiloni, Pietro Ichino, Andrea Martella, David Sassoli, Aldo Schiavone, Deborah Serracchiani, Walter Veltroni.
Chairman Luigi Zanda.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment